Transfer case fluid provides lubrication to gears, bearings, shafts, and other internal components. Heat, pressure and friction can slowly break down the additives in the transfer case fluid. Small particles of metal may come off the gears as they wear, and these metal particles can mix with the transfer case fluid.
Fluids can also become contaminated with water.
Combining these factors means your transfer case fluid needs to be replaced at regular intervals as per the manufactures recommendations to ensure the fluid remains clean, fresh and can perform to a high standard.
Benefits of the service
- Extends transfer case life by providing resistance to oxidation, and sludge formation
- Reduces the risk of premature differential failure
- Reduces wear
Our technicians will:
- Drain the old transfer case fluid
- Refill with the manufacturer’s recommended type and quantity of new oil
- Synthetic gear oils will incur an extra cost
- Price includes up to 2 litres of mineral gear oil. Additional oil will attract an additional charge.